Monday, November 24, 2008

Twilight, am I a fan now?

Every month I have a girls night with my friends from my old Eagle Mountain ward. They invited me to go to dinner and to Twilight. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go, because I haven't read the books and I wasn't going to be one of those "nerdy" Twilight fans. But I decided I would go just for the girls night.

This is me, Heidi, Morgan, and Katie at the Training Table before our movie. Morgan hadn't read the books either, so that made me feel a little better.

Okay so you might think I am a vampire in this picture, check out my pale skin. LOL!

Well I am not going to lie, I really liked the movie. And I just might want to read the books now:) And I can't blame all the crazy women that are obsessed with the books for having a little crush on Edward. Thanks girls for a fun night out! And thanks Brad for being such a good husband and telling me to go and being more than willing to watch the kids to let me have a break! You are the best husband and my best friend, and my "Edward" LOL.

16 comments:

heidijogoody said...

You should ready the books for sure especially since you liked the movie you would love the books! Thanks for coming we need to keep on doing these girls nights I always have such a fun time.

Lisa said...

Seriously The books are the best. Once you start you won't be able to put them down :) I love them.

Jen said...

Holy Crap - for real? I would have NEVER guessed you would actually consider reading the books! DO IT. They are a million times better than the movie. You will not be able to put them down... you may become obsessed! Believe it or not, I actually saw the movie twice on opening day. Jared and I went with our friends in the ward that night. Not too bad. But the books are the BEST!

Kristi said...

I was interested in knowing what people who haven't read the books would think of the movie! That is awsome that you liked it! I liked it too...but I was sitting WAY too close to the screen, so I guess that i will have to go and see it again...dang it! :)

Victoria Elder said...

K! So I have not read the books either & had a girls night out too & went & saw it! I just started reading the books! I ♥ EDWARD

Julie said...

My sisters are both into the "Twilight" series. I had never heard of it until they were talking about going to the premiere of it. Wow-I am really out of touch with everything, I am getting old! Anyway, I am curious about it now and am going to get the books and try to start reading as well. (We'll see how that goes!) Anyway, we wanted to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving from all of us here in Iowa! (By the way...I posted a comment yesterday and it acted like it didn't register and never showed up. So sorry if you get two comments from me!)

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Yes Jana READ THE BOOKS! they are SO good! And if you liked the movie then you'll LOVE the books because they are so much better! glad you had a girl's night! that's always fab.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

PS you know i'm married to the "real" Jacob Black!!! ha ha ha

Kara said...

Jana, I loved the first book. Twilight was hard to put down! I found the others hard to get through. I haven't seen the movie yet.... sounds like I should go see it!

Mindi said...

you should totally read the books. I guess i am one of the "nerdy" twilight fans, cuz i love them and i loved the movie!!

Jen said...

Thanks your a great friend to !!! I like your background mine needs help expanding...when you move closer to me maybe it won't be as hard to get together....

about Twilight i'm almost finished with the 2 book I heard it's a little harder to get through and that's why it taking me awhile..there good books I like them and loved the movie..see ya wednesday!!!!!

Cameron's Corner said...

Rosalie was supposed to be the hot one... but Alice turned out hotter in the movie.

Fine by me.

Shari and Trent said...

I saw that movie over the weekend too! I am a freak though and read the book. I was a little skeptical about the whold thing but then I read it and loved it and loved the movie too! Glad you liked it.

Astle Family said...

I'm glad you liked it too! The books are great, you'll love them!

Anonymous said...

I love that you didn't read the books!! Maybe we should do a book club with Me you Heidi and Katie M!! Just reading the Twilight Books!!! That would be fun! Taking about Edward all day! That could be our girls night! See ya on Monday!!

Lara said...

Jana! It's Lara your blog is so cute! I have a blog now so add me it's laralinnsykes.blogspot.com