Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Boys!







I cannot believe that my babies are one! I haven't told everyone this story, but I think back when we decided to have another baby, I had only told Brad that I think I would like to have twins. He said that he thought that it would be neat also. I never thought I really ever would, but I decided that I would pray to my Heavenly Father and let him know that we would love to bring twins into our family if he felt that we would do a good job. I kind of didn't think about it again until after we found out I was pregnant. I kept having this little feeling that I was pregnant with twins, but I thought I was just being my usual nerdy self and getting my hopes up. I only told Brad of course and we would talk about it for a few minutes and then we would go on to say how goofy we were being, like we were pregnant with twins. I think it was exactly a week before my first appt. at the OBGYN that I had a very vivid dream, and we were at the Dr. and we were having our first ultra sound, and the doctor told us we were having twins! I woke up and told Brad that morning. We both kind of thought that I was just dreaming that because I had kept talking about it. I told my mom later that day about my dream, and she just kind of laughed and we talked about something else. Well we went to our appt. the next week and it was exactly like my dream, I still remember the look on Brads face! He looked shocked, but I just laughed because deep down inside I already knew. I feel like Heavenly Father was preparing me so I wouldn't have a nervous breakdown in the office! LOL My prayers were definitely answered that day! I still remember the day my sweet boys were born, like it was yesterday! I was nervous and scared and so excited! I was surrounded by all of our loving family waiting for their arrival. Their big brother Justice was so excited and couldn't wait to see his two baby brothers! It was time to go back to the operating room, because they deliver multiples there in case of emergency c section. I started pushing and not long after I gave birth to Talon. He was born October 14th at 4:50 P.M. I didn't really get to see him before they started checking him and they then continued to break my water and Cardon's umbilical cord started coming out first which is dangerous. Everyone in there started to look nervous. They tried to use the the vacuum and that wasn't working, so they decided they needed to do a emergency c section. One of the two Dr.'s that was in there told Brad that he needed to go down to the nursery with Talon. They needed to get him hooked up to some stuff. I couldn't believe that I was going to be in there having a c section by myself. I saw Talon as they walked by and he was so cute! Brad was so torn having to leave me, but of course he wanted to go with his baby! They pretty much heaved me to the other table and it all started. Everyone was hustling around and I was terrified. They told me when Cardon was born at 5:00 P.M. and I didn't hear him crying. I kept asking how is my baby? And I could tell that something was wrong and they were trying to comfort me, but it didn't work. I asked again and again. Finally I heard my sweet Cardon, and I saw him as they rushed by me with him to go to the nursery. Little did I know during that time they had to bag him twice, because he was not breathing. They started stitching me all up, and I looked back over my shoulder to see my mom in the room. That was such a reliving sight. I needed her in there more that she will ever know! I then went back to the room where all of my stuff was. I saw my sweet husband, and precious little Justice. Brad looked so scared and was so sweet to me. We didn't really know what was going on. All Brad knew was that his boys were hooked up to all sorts of machines and didn't know what to think. They took me down to my room on the Mother Baby floor and I was aching inside, because I wanted to see and hold my babies. The doctors from the NICU (Newborn Intensive Care Unit) kept coming in and updating us, and all I could do was cry. Later that evening I was bound and determined that I could get up into a wheel chair and go see them. The nurse advised me against it, but I am stubborn as most of you know. So I gave it my all and it was the worst pain I have ever felt, and I almost passed out! The nurse told me I needed to lay down and wait until morning. I was so, so sad. Brad and our family were all so comforting through this. I was able to go down the next morning and see them. Oh what a special moment that was. Words can't even describe the way I felt. Oh what a blessing these boys are to our family. They had to stay in the NICU for 10 days. I went over there every possible moment I could, but it was very important to spend time with Justice too. Thank you to my Mom for being able to take off work to take care of Justice, and all of the others who helped. It was so hard to leave them there, but it was for the best obviously. What a great day it was the day we finally got to take them home! They have been such great babies and a wonderful addition to our family. We enjoy watching them grow and learn new things each day. Justice adores them and is a great big brother, and they love him so much! I hope Talon and Cardon have a great first birthday and always know how much we all love them! Thank you Heavenly Father for showing me that prayers can be answered!

23 comments:

Jessica said...

Jana, that was such a special and emotional post. I am sitting here in tears. I love all of your boys. I sure struggled not being able to be nearby when the twins were born and you know how I get all motherly with you and Brad. I just can't help it. I love you guys so much and thanks for sharing those special experiences. I love you guys! Happy Birthday Talon and Cardon! We love you!

Nielsen Family said...

Wow what a story! I can not believe it has been a year! I was looking at my pictures the other day and remember that children's museum we went to in Indianapolis? Remember that picture of kyla in the big pink couch chair and Justice was in the blue one and they were looking at each other? Now look at our kids! They are growing fast and we now have new additions! Crazy how time flies and it is only going to go faster, the older we get. We have to remember every moment with our kids. Thanks for sharing that story!

Nicole said...

Happy Birthday Cardon and Talon!
Wow were has time went. I cant believe they are the BIG 1! And what a story they are such little angels! having twins is such a blessing i would love to have them. You a are such a good mom Jana the boys and Brad are luck to have you. Things that we go through in life makes us so much stronger! Well give the boys kisses for me! We need to get together and have u heard on the house yet?

Jen said...

Happy birthday boys!!! that story was really good and it brang a tear to my eye I guess it's the mother in me,it made me think back when Ryker was born. it's a awsome experience to give birth.

You and Brad are lucky to have your 3 cute boys...
Lets get together again it was fun seeing you guys yesterday...

J Fo said...

What a beautiful post! I'm glad that I'm not the only one that you got teared up with that one. Such a neat story and such sweet boys!

Victoria Elder said...

Oh what a great story! I teared a little, how special it was you knew already 2 were on the way! I've always wanted twins too! I don't think it could happen to me tho!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Talon and Cardon!! I cannot believe they are 1. Time flies by way to fast!! They are growing up!!!

heidijogoody said...

You had me crying like a baby while I was reading this. It also brings back all the emotions and feelings I had when I had my girls. You and I share something special in common and that is that heavenly father trusted us to be mommys to twins :) Happy birthday to Talon and Cardon and now you can say you made it through the first year :)

Kristi said...

happy birthday you cute little boys! Jana, what a neat story! I LOVE that you got what you prayed for and that I would love to see you in action mothering your three boys! I can't even imagine having twins...all I know is that is would be CRAZY!

Spackman's said...

Happy Birthday boys! Great post Jana I had fun the other night thanks for stopping by.

Jake, Megan, Ryder, Emma and Tessa said...

Jana
you made me get all teary, too! what a special story! and your boys, all of them, are SO super cute. you are such a great mom!!

Julie said...

As I was reading your blog it brought back a flood of memories when I had the boys myself. I felt the same things you did. I think that not being able to hold the boys after they were born was one of the hardest things as well. But look at them now! The first year is over and they are so healthy and happy. We have so much to look forward to in the coming years. Happy Birthday Talon and Cardon!

Jobi Niu said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BOYS!!! I can't believe they're one already. I loved your story I got all teary eyed reading it. They're so dang cute!

ryan + carly said...

jana! that is such a crazy/awesome story. wow. happy birthday to your little ones on their first birthday. they are adorable.

Julie Neal said...

Jana,
I read every word you wrote and am so happy I did! Your story was amazing!! It just makes me that more excited and nervous at the same time for when I deliver my little girl and there is only ONE in me!! Your boys are very handsome and are lucky to have you as their mommy!!

Schofield's said...

That is such an amazing story. It's so neat how our Heavenly Father works in our lives preparing us for so many things. Thanks so much for sharing that, so sweet. Your boys are so cute and sweet.

Mindi said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy Talon and Cardon!!! I cant believe they are already one year old! Thats crazy. They are so stinking cute! We need to do something...for reals...we always say that and then a year goes by....

J-ME said...

What a neat story. I can't believe that your twins are already one! They are so dang cute! Justice looks like such a good big brother!

Corey and Jodie said...

Look Jana, I'm leaving a comment! I love your boys so much! I think that you know that and I hope they know that too! They are so special! I am so glad that you had twins! They are so fun! I too teared up reading this, because I remembered seeing them being hooked up to all those things and they were so tiny! and now they are huge! just kidding! I love all 3 boys with all of my heart and I hope that my kids are even half as cute as yours!

The Leatherberry's said...

Wow, so I'm last! I thought I had already commented on this so sorry. I got chills and a tear in my eye when I read this. I remember when you called me and we cried together on the phone. Do you remember that? I love those boys so so much! They are a blessing to us all! I hope they had a great b-day too and we need to get them and Aiya together to play! Call me later!

Andrea Migliaccio said...

Wow! What a story! So so neat!
Congratulation's on making it through all of that!
I hope your cutie's had a great 1st bday!
xOxOxO

Lisa said...

I am siting here at work tearing up at my desk :) Goodness what a awesome story. I hope they had a great birthday. You're family is so dang cute.

Mindi said...

hey jana...thanks for letting me come with you guys today, it was fun! My email is TexasCutie3174@comcast.net Thanks!